Veterans Affairs (VA) Loans Overview
A Veterans Affairs (VA) loan, is designed to offer long-term financing to qualified American veterans, service members, and their eligible surviving spouses. For the purpose of the VA program, “veteran” includes active duty service personnel and certain categories of spouses. Like FHA loans, the federal government insures VA loans, or guarantees VA approved lending institutions against loss from default on qualifying loans.
Loan Program Details
- Up to 100% financing available without requiring mortgage insurance
- Down payment and closing costs may be a “gift”
- Mid to good credit
- Lets you stay in your home & maintain the title
- 4% maximum seller contribution + reasonable and customary costs on a VA loan
- VA funding fee generally required, which may be financed into the loan
- No prepayment penalty
- For primary residence only
- Available for detached 1-unit dwellings, eligible condos and PUD’s. – properties must meet VA guidelines and be inspected by VA-approved appraisers
- Properties must meet VA Minimum Property Requirements (MPRs)
- Simple & secure
If you’re interested in purchasing a home or refinancing in Washington, Oregon, or California, Homeseed can help you make it happen. Please contact us today or apply online in less than 10 minutes using the secure online application below.